Christy Award Reading Challenge




Okay, I found another challenge. I know you're probably thinking "enough is enough," Right? Well, I have to support the Christian book awards! So this one is a must! The Christy Award Re ading Challenge has many entry levels, ranging from Christian Fiction Newbie to Hardcore. I am going to start in the middle at the 4th tier, which is 7-9 winners. I am going to mix-n-match years because I have read some already. You can see all the levels of entry and a full list of titles here.
The winners that I've read are: Unashamed by Francine Rivers, Hidden Places by Lynn Austin, The Guardian by Dee Henderson, Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin, Dogwood by Chris Fabry, From a Distance by Tamera Alexander, Winter Birds by Jamie Langston Turner, The Brethren by Beverly Lewis, Madman by Tracy Groot, Whence Came a Prince by Liz Curtis Higgs, Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann, Levi's Will by W. Dale Cramer, and River Rising by Athol Dickson.
Other nominated titles I've read include The Battle for the Vast Dominion by Bryan Polivka,Thomas, Quaker Summer by Lisa Samson, The Proof by Austin Boyd, Demon: A Memoir by Tosca Lee, Covenant Child by Terri Blackstock, Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin, River's Edge by Terri Blackstock, Last Light by Terri Blackstock, Shade by Olson, My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay, The Pawn by Stephen James, Auralia's Colors by Jeffrey Overstreet, and Tuesday Night at the Blue Moon by Debbie Fuller.
For this challenge, I am reading 7-9 (or more) winners. This is actually pretty easy for me because I already have probably 20 of the assorted winners in my to read pile. Some of the titles I'll choose from are: A Bride Most Begrudging by Deanne Gist, This Measure of Lady by Deanne Gist, This Heavy Silence by Nicole Mazzarella, The Stones Cry Out by Sibella Giorello, Vanish by Tom Pawlik, Thr3e by Ted Dekker, Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin, Fire by Night by Lynn Austin, Candle in the Darkness by Lynn Austin, A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin, Plague Maker by Tim Downs, Transgression by Randy Ingermanson, King's Ransom by Jan Beazley and Thom Lemmons, The Light of Eidon by Karen Hancock, William Henry is a Fine Name by Cathy Gohlke, I Have Seen Him in the Watchfires by Cathy Gohlke, The Rook by Steven James, Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky, Remembered by Tamera Alexander, and A Place Called Wireglass by Michael Morris . That is 10 winners from various years. I may switch some of those out, depending on what I am in the mood for at the time.

There is another great Christian book award program called the ECPA. I am thinking about hosting a spring/summer reading challenge for these books. Look for a future post!

Comments

Popular Posts