Letters to katie

The Amish community of Middlefield is busy in this latest addition of the Middlefield Family Novels.  Letters to Katie centers around Katherine Yoder, but we also follow another couple's journey.  Sawyer and Laura have opposition from both of their families as they pursue their relationship, while Katherine tries to let go of her lifetime crush, Johnny Mullet.  She unfortunately has a hard time moving on.  When a bout of meningitis leaves her with short term memory loss, she finally learns what or Who she needs to seek.  It is not Johnny Mullet, but as they both seek His will for their lives, their lives fall into place.

This is a sweet story with a lot happening.  There were many characters, and I questioned the motives of some of the secondary ones.  It is the first Middlefield Family novel that I have read and while the story does stand alone, I feel like I would have gotten more from it had I read the others.  I cannot review it as part of the series, but by itself, it would have been stronger to focus on one of the two major story lines involved.  There was a good message, and I really appreciated the strong theme of seeking the Lord's will for your life.

I did receive a free ARC in exchange for this honest review.


Comments

Popular Posts