Story Peddler

What a fun new fantasy series with some great lessons and applications. Perfect for readers of all ages, I know my daughter will enjoy this book as I did.

Lindsay A. Franklin's story telling creates a world where words become color, stories crystallize into pieces of art, and "art has a way of revealing the truth."

Tanwen is a story peddler/story weaver, who creates tangible trinkets from her with her story telling. When she loses control of her gift, she finds herself being hunted by the king's guard. Rescued by an unlikely band of other weavers. Tanwen works with this group to attempt to restore the kingdom. My one complaint was with the romance/love triangle. I wanted to see the feelings develop slowly and naturally, but instead it felt rushed. Aside from that, I found The Story Peddler to be filled with unique and lovable characters with an exciting and fast-paced story, and I thought this was a super-fun read. 

Comments

kewkew said…
This sounds like a great book. Now to see if my library will get it in. One library in our system has it, but they don't allow interlibrary holds on new books.
Anyhow, it's been a while since I've been by your blog. I've been trying to find other book bloggers. I had a huge list on the sidebar of my book blog, but most of them haven't posted in so long. Sort of like me. Last year I posted once and prior to that it had been a few years.
Wondering where everyone is.
I am going to try to revive my blog. It is over at memyselfiread.blogspot.com.
Have a great day

Popular Posts