The Queen's Handmaid by Tracy Higley

I really enjoy Tracy Higley's novels.  You can find a list of her books here.  I have read a number of them and have a couple more in my to read pile.  I love reading historical fiction set in Biblical times.  I find these books extremely interesting.

In The Queen's Handmaid, Lydia, an orphan, is a handmaiden for Cleopatra.  When secrets arise, her mentor, Daniel, gives her an important mission and she must leave the only home she has ever known to now serve King Herod's wife, Queen Mariamme.  In the midst of all the transitions in her life, she must deliver the secret scrolls before time runs out.

Like Higley's other novels, the history and setting is well-researched and vividly-detailed.  It is educational and entertaining.  The pacing of the story is a little up and down, and I wanted a little more from Lydia.  Overall, this was an enjoyable read, and if you haven't read Higley's works, I would recommend you try one!

Comments

Popular Posts