Illusionist's Apprentice



The Illusionist's Apprentice is a historical suspense novel centered around Wren Lockhart, fictional apprentice of the late Harry Houdini. Wren is beautifully depicted and artfully developed throughout the story. The vivid setting provides an interesting peek into the 1920's vaudeville scene and a perfect backdrop for the page-turning plot-line. The story itself moves along at a nice pace and keeps you guessing as Wren and FBI agent, Elliot Matthews work to uncover a murderer and keep everyone safe. In the process Elliot works to see past the illusion of Wren Lockhart to see what it is she has been hiding. 

This was a great book. One that has enticed me to add Kristy Cambron to my growing list of author's to follow. I currently have 3 more of her books on my to-read shelf, including The Castle on the Rise, which I am in the middle of now! Look for that review to come!

Comments

Popular Posts