That Certain Summer


I have always enjoyed Irene Hannon's books.  In That Certain Summer, she veers from her normal romantic suspense genre.  I was eager to see how she handled this new direction, and I was not disappointed.  This is a story about two sisters who are reunited to care for their mother after a stroke.  Val and Karen are very different and not close as sister, but as they spend time together and cooperate in their mother's care they learn more about each other and grow individually as well as in their relationship with each other.  This is a story of forgiveness and personal growth.  It is filled with hope. The characters and situations are realistic and believable.  Descriptions are vivid and the story flows well.  Though quite different from her previous series, I still enjoyed Irene Hannon's newest novel.

I did receive a free copy in exchange for this honest review.

Comments

I really enjoyed this one. I've loved her suspense novels and this was a great change of pace.

Popular Posts