A New Favorite

I have found a new author to add to my list of favorites. Ginny Yttrup's writing style is light and conversational. I knew from the first page that this book was going to be something special, but I didn't know how special.

Words switches points of view alternating between Sierra, an artist who is a recovering addict still grieving the loss of her child and Kaylee, a young girl who is living a literal nightmare and can no longer speak due to the horrors she has experienced. These two characters are vivid and heart-wrenching as God crosses their paths to deliver freedom to both.

As a pediatric occupational therapist assistant who works with children who have experienced trauma, this novel painted an accurate and haunting picture of how traumatic experiences effect all aspects of life. It also demonstrates the power of God's love in the healing process and the privilege of being used by the Lord to show others His power.

I loved this book, the writing, the characters, and the message. Ginny Yttrup has found herself another fan. In fact, I was on Amazon checking her other titles as soon as I finished this one. If you are curious, her other titles include: Home, Invisible, Lost and Found, and Flames.

Comments

Popular Posts