About the Book
Book: State of Lies
Author: Siri Mitchell
Release Date: August 13, 2019
Months after her husband, Sean, is killed by a hit-and-run driver, physicist Georgie Brennan discovers he lied to her about where he had been going that day. A cryptic notebook, a missing computer, and strange noises under her house soon have her questioning everything she thought she knew.
With her job hanging by a thread, her son struggling to cope with his father’s death, and her four-star general father up for confirmation as the next Secretary of Defense, Georgie quickly finds herself tangled in a political intrigue that has no clear agenda and dozens of likely villains. Only one thing is clear: someone wants her dead too. The more she digs for the truth, the fewer people she can trust. Not her friends. Not her parents. Maybe not even herself.
My Thoughts:I haven't read a book by Siri Mitchell in quite some time, but she is on my favorite list for a reason. This book did not disappoint. I was hooked from the start and eager to solve the mysteries. I thoroughly enjoyed this book.
About the Author
More from SiriA Sense of Place I’m so excited about the release of State of Lies! Among the many reasons for my excitement is the fact that I set the story in my own home town: Arlington, VA. Here are some things you might not know about Arlington:
- Arlington was originally included within the borders of Washington, DC.
- Arlington isn’t actually a city – it’s a county. We’re the smallest self-governing county in the nation.
- Arlington regularly takes the top spot as the most educated place in the country.
- Arlington LOVES books. I count at least a dozen different little libraries in my neighborhood alone.
- Our region often has a hurricane warning or two every hurricane season. Can you guess where I’ve seen the longest lines when people start to make last-minute preparations? It’s not the grocery store; it’s not the hardware store. It’s the library! (Why wouldn’t you stock up on books too?)
- We host Arlington National Cemetery, the Iwo Jima Marine Corps War Memorial, and the Pentagon.
- We are home to the very first Five Guys hamburger joint location.
- We are also home to the headquarters of over a dozen national agencies as well as organizations like Rosetta Stone and Nestlé.
- People who attended our high schools include Sandra Bullock, Warren Beatty, Shirley MacLaine, Katie Couric, and Patch Adams.
- The thing I love most about Arlington? Its people. Countless government contractors members of the federal workforce live here. I number them among my friends and neighbors. I’ve never met a group more dedicated, more informed, or more determined to put their expertise to good use. And guess what? My heroine, Georgie Brennan, is one of them!