The Amish Nanny

By Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould


   Ada Rupp grew up with an illness that held her back.  Now she is 24, and her illness is under control.   As she travels across the US for her sister's wedding, she likes the feel of freedom. She gives up hope of marrying her life-long love, Will Gundy, and loses the teaching job that she had her heart set.  Ada then takes the opportunity to travel to Switzerland, to her ancestor's land with Daniel, a Mennonite who is fighting to save the land.  While there she meets her birth mother and tries to figure out who she is and what she want in life.  


I enjoyed this book.  I am not one to read any and every Amish novel.  I like them; I just don't seek them out.  This book gives some great historical information about Amish and Mennonites; however, it also includes travel and non-Amish activities. This makes it very unique.  The characters are very well developed, and I really liked all of them.  I loved the travel and historical information included, and the love story was sweet and authentic.  I would recommend this book without reservations!

Comments

Popular Posts