MUST-READS

Today I wanted to list my top Must Reads of Christian fiction. So in no particular order, here they are...
Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness are novels based largely on the spiritual world and the battles being waged for us every day. The imagery in these books was vivid and memorable. There are scenes I will carry with me forever and be better for it!!! Thank you Frank Peretti!! And to all Christian Fiction readers, these are classics and ones I'll reread!
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is a retelling of the book of Hosea from the Bible. This story is set in the 1800s and is a beautiful picture of God's grace and unconditional love. And by the way, for those who haven't heard they are working on the movie!
Ted Dekker's The Circle, which included Black, Red, and White, and recently added Green (which I have not yet had the pleasure of reading). This is a fantasy series in which the main character travels between 2 worlds. Dekker created wonderful allegories within this series. He includes sin, Jesus and His sacrifice for us, salvation and redemption among other important Biblical themes and stories.
And finally, the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. The books are Voice in the Wind, Echo in the Darkness, and As Sure as the Dawn. Although they are my personal favorite, this one I actually do not suggest to everyone. The sinful, sexual nature of society in ancient Ephesus as well as the horror of the Coliseum is not for everyone. To be honest, it took me a couple of chapters to really become engaged, but it was so worth it. When you finish the first book, you absolutely must have the second one waiting. They are written with such vivid and beautiful language, and this series challenged me like no other to really live what I believe!!! I know someone who literally reads these once a year and another who said that she would name her first daughter after Hadassah, the main character of the first two books. That is how much these books will effect you. They are incredible!
I would love to hear which books other people have on their "must-reads" or "reread" lists. Please let me know so I can check them out! Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts