The Falling Away

The Falling Away by T.L. Hines is an interesting story that unlike anything that I have read lately.  I had quite a bit of trouble trying to figure out where it was going, or what was going to happen.  The book focuses on Dylan Runs Ahead who is running from, well, from everything--from other people, from his past and his failures, and ultimately from himself.  He runs to the army, to drugs, to a cult community; but a woman named Quinn kidnaps him from there. She, and others before her, tell him he's "chosen."  He soon finds out what that will mean for him.   
With demons, drugs, mental illnesses, and more, the story moves pretty quick--although it is a little bizarre at times.  I personally didn't connect with any of characters, although Dylan, the main character, was well-developed.  I would have liked to know a little more about Quinn.  The writing was solid, and the plot was unique.  
 Unfortunately, without any specific criticism, the story didn't really fit my taste.  However, I do 
have three other books by Hines on my shelf that I am looking forward to reading.  



Thanks to Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze Program for providing me a free review copy. This in no way influenced my review.  

Comments

Popular Posts