Francine Rivers' Masterpiece

Francine Rivers is my favorite author. The Mark of the Lion Trilogy and Redeeming Love are the top two fiction books on my list! I was so excited to get this book. It is actually the reason I am reading again and writing again.
First of all, Ephesians 2:10 is I guess, what I consider my lifeverse. In the New Living Translation, it states "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Rivers' latest book centers around two unfinished masterpieces. Roman Velasco is a famous artist who seems to have it all: the huge house, amazing talent and success, and an endless supply of money. Roman's life is empty. He knows it, but he doesn't know how to fill the hole. Grace Moore is an out-of-work, out-of-luck single mom, trying to make a life for herself and her son. Grace knows and follows the Lord, but struggles greatly with guilt and pain of past mistakes. God weaves their lives together in a way that makes Him the answer. While there is a romantic aspect to this story, it doesn't overshadow the main point which is God's work in their lives. And He does work in and through both main characters to free them from their pasts and guide them into the works that He planned for them.

I truly enjoyed this book. I haven't read for pleasure in months, and now I can't stop! I am so excited to be back in the world of Christian Fiction. Francine Rivers did not let me down. The plot moved steadily, and the characters were beautifully written and developed. I closed the book feeling fully satisfied and fulfilled. I highly recommend this book and ANYTHING by Francine Rivers.

Comments

Popular Posts