The Knight: A Patrick Bowers Thriller

A thriller is an apt description. I read this one in a day, so I'd have to say it was pretty good!! I stayed up late last night to finish it. I had to know what was going to happen! The book is packed full with a trial from one of Patrick's earlier cases, a new serial killer, father-daughter moments and some romantic tension. The killer seems to have everything planned, including multiple "what if" scenarios. There is a unique tie to classic literature, and again it is difficult, if not impossible, to predict who the killer is.

As far as this being classified as Christian fiction, I still don't believe that it meets those characteristics. There ARE a couple of Christian characters and a scripture reference in this one, but there is not a strong Christian message or theme. While I usually prefer novels with a stronger message, I cannot discredit this book because it was a great suspense. It kept me guessing and turning the pages. I'll be reading The Bishop next!

Be sure to check out Steven's website and The Bowers Files site.

Also Wednesday on facebook from 7-9pm is a Live Launch Party for The Bishop with Steven James. Link in my sidebar!

Comments

Michelle V said…
I just finished The Bishop. I think there is a bit of a Christian thread going through the stories that I'm thinking might come more into play when we eventually get to the last book. The author is definitely a Christian author. I think in this case we're going to see the message after the whole series is complete. But I don't know yet. Just my thoughts.

Blessings
Michelle V
Loren said…
I'm with you in wondering how these are classified as Christian novels. Not much in there but I LOVE the Bishop and cannot wait to begin the others. Having started with the Bishop first I am looking forward to getting the ground work with Patrick and his earlier days!

Great review

Popular Posts