The shadow and the Promise: BOOK REVIEW



Title: The Shadow and the Promise

Author: Marty Machowski

Genre: Children's, Early Reader, Christian/ Biblical Fiction



What a fun little book! This book shares stories throughout both Genesis to Exodus from the eyes of animals.  I thought this was a creative and fun way to share Bible stories and Biblical truths to young readers.  I really appreciated the Truth Behind the Tales which includes study questions referring back to the Word of God.  I could see this book/ series being used for a Sunday school class or Bible school, complete with animal puppets for re-enacting the stories within.  

I think my favorite story was "Are you an Ostrich?" Gabi was such a likeable character, and I can see young readers laughing aloud at her antics.  
In two other stories, the following quotes really stuck out to me and made me think about the application in my own life: 

            "Then I will not turn away...I will watch God's plan unfold (through my master)"

Even when things look dark or hopeless, we should trust His plan and not look away, but look to Him and watch His plan unfold. 
And:            

            "Complaining closes your eyes to the blessings around you."

I believe this wholeheartedly and often share similar advice to my husband and kids, we have to look for the good (sometimes it's hard to find, but it is always their) because Jesus is our Lord, Savior, friend, protector, etc. The list goes on.  

I would absolutely recommend this for young readers and families.
    



Comments

Popular Posts