Fatal Witness: BOOK REVIEW

Title: Fatal Witness

Series: Pearl River

Author: Patricia Bradley

Genre: Suspense

Pg count: 400 pages

My Rating: 3 stars




Fatal Witness is a fast read, with likable characters and interesting plot. Dani Bennett, talented potter and artist, receives a mysterious phone call from an officer from Pearl Springs Tennessee.  Returning that call, starts Dani on a journey that ends in both tragedy and reunion.  Dani's parents were murdered 25 years ago, and she saw the killer.  The problem is Dani doesn't remember anything before she was 9 years old when she moved to Montana with her Uncle Keith.  Dani travels to Pearl Springs, unknowingly triggering a series of events and discoveries.  

I have always liked repressed memory storylines, so I enjoyed the book. There are some awkward scenes and some disjointed dialogue that pulled me away from the story, which is why it received three stars and not four.  My favorite aspect of the book is that Dani, the FMC, remembers the scripture shared with her and uses in when feeling afraid. It is one of the scriptures that I am claiming over my family this week as well.  Psalm 56: 3 - When I am afraid, I will trust in you. 

The plot included a sweet romance, is quick paced and well resolved. I would recommend this as an easy read with likeable characters and a clean message focusing on clinging to God in fear. 


Thank you to Revell Reads and Netgalley for my review copy!   

Comments

Popular Posts