Word of the Week: ENOUGH

 Definition: a "determiner" meaning as much or as many as required. 

Synonyms:  sufficient, adequate, abundant, full, ample. 


Scriptures: 

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day as enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 6: 34

Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.  Ecclesiastes 5: 10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  2 Corinthians 12: 9

Phillip said, "Show us the Father, and that will be enough for us."  John 14:8


Common Everyday Phrases: 

                That's enough! More than enough. 

                No it's not enough. I don't have enough. 

                Enough, already. Enough is enough. 


My Thoughts: 

Can you ever have enough.... enough books, enough chocolate, enough time, enough wine, enough guacamole, enough sleep, enough sun, enough friends, enough vacation, enough stuff?  Don't we always want more?

What about self-esteem? do you have enough confidence, intelligence, energy, ability, will, etc, etc. 

On my own, I will never be enough. Money by itself is not enough- to bring happiness. Food will not bring endless satisfaction. We will always get hungry, thirsty, needy again.

Jesus will always be enough.  HE is enough for me. I am enough for Him.  What a joy to know that and accept that deep inside.  I don't need to be more, do more, have more.  I have Him.  He created me as me, loves me as me, accepts me as me.  I am enough.  




Comments

DVDgal75 said…
Thank you for sharing

Popular Posts