No One Can Know: BOOK REVIEW

 

Title: No One Can Know

Author: Kate Alice Marshall

Genre: Psychological thriller, mystery

Pg Count: 336





This book follows three estranged sisters after their parents' murder. Fourteen years have passed, and all three sisters have secrets from that fateful night. Emma returns to her childhood home, where the memories create questions and trials for her and her husband.  Juliette, wondering why Emma would return, surprises Emma by showing up at her door. Daphne also returns to their hometown but keeps her presence a secret.  With multiple POVs and time hops, the audio set up was perfect for easily following who and when each chapter focused on, and I appreciated that greatly.  Which sister has the most to lose or the most to hide? What really happened the night their parents died? And will these women ever be free of their secrets.  

This novel traveled back and forth between sisters and time periods to puzzle together what happened.  Marshall created 3 very different women with different motivations and personalities all influenced by the home they grew up in together, the shocking deaths of their parents, and the subsequent trials each faced.  I appreciated how these three threads were both greatly varied and intricately intertwined. As I listened to the audio version of this book, I made my guesses. Some were right; some were wrong, and I continuously second guessed myself, which made for an enjoyable ride. 

Thanks to Netgalley for my ARC audio copy! 

Comments

Popular Posts