Favorite Characters: LIST

 My favorite characters:

  • Hadassah from Mark of the Lion Trilogy
  • Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe, (and Marilla and Matthew and Rachel) from Anne of Green Gables series
  • Jamie and Claire from Outlander series
  • Temperance Brennan from Bones
  • Shawn and Gus from Psych
  • Lorelei and Rory (and Luke and Sookie and Emily and Richard and Paris and...) from Gilmore Girls
  • Monk
  • Toby, Josh, Donna, CJ, President Bartlet from West Wing


Many of these are from TV series. While books are so much better than movies, I think series characters stick with me because they are a part of my life for so much longer: sometimes years watching an entire series! 

What makes these my favorite characters? How do you choose your favorites? What makes a character successful?  I think they have to be unique above all else. All of these characters are quirky, independent and unashamedly their own person. Most have a back story that clearly influence the person they become. Most have interesting and strong relationships. All have specific flaws that make their lives a little more difficult or eventful. 

Comments

Popular Posts