There is so much depth to this book. I felt like it spoke right to my heart. I plan on reading it again...and again! Let me share some of the great thoughts and truths in the book.
- "The Lord Jesus cannot live in us fully and reveal Himself through us until the proud self within us is broken."
- "The only life that pleases God and that can be victorious is His life-never our life, no matter how hard we try." (which is why we must surrender to His will)
- "Revival itself is being absolutely filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit, and that is victorious living."
- "Before we can enter the Highway, God must bend and break that stiff-necked self, so that Christ reigns in its stead. To be broken means to have no rights before God and man... It means just being nothing and having nothing that I call my own, neither time, money, possessions nor position."
- "Revival simply means new life, in hearts where the spiritual life has ebbed--but not a new life of self-effort or self-initiated activity. It is not man's life, but God's life, the life of Jesus, filling us and flowing through us."
- "Only a deep hunger for real fellowship with God will make us willing to cry to God for His all-revealing Light and to obey it when it is given."
I highly recommend this book! It is a great instrument of conviction and spiritual growth.