Wednesday's Word: CHANGE



Change is
...A word I've been using often here lately.
...A word that most people use or hear often.

Wikipedia lists a dozen musical albums entitled "Change" and over 2 dozen songs with the same title.  On Amazon in the book department alone there are over 118,000 entries for the word change.  Change is all around us.

Some powerful synonyms for change include:  (noun) conversion, metamorphosis, reversal, correction, transformation; (verb) diminish, regenerate, replace, revolutionize, deepen

Antonyms are hold, persist, remain, stay.
Wow, that one surprised me...A scripture that spoke to me this week is Deutoronomy 1:6 &7a:  "The Lord our God said to us 'You have stayed at this mountain long enough.  It is time to break camp and move on!'"  


The ladies in Bible study have been talking about "circling the mountain" or having to relearn lessons over and over again.  I have certainly done my fair share of circling, but sometimes we make camp with something that is holding us back from all God has for us.  We've lived with that sin, that fear, for so long that it has become comfortable, and we need to break the stronghold--break camp and move on!  Staying is hindering the change, the advance, the correction, the transformation God has for us.


Change is
...hard.
...necessary.
...scary.
...good.


Change is all around us, especially this time of year.  Just walk outside and you see changes everywhere.  Leaves changing colors; leaves falling down.  Everyone is pulling out their warmer clothes and preparing for the more extreme change of winter weather that is just around the corner.  Autumn is beautiful, but don't forget that the leaves have to die to give us that beauty.  They have to fall off, so that the winter can give us that snow white purity glistening on the branches.  They have to die, so that there will be new growth in the spring.

I, too, must die (to self)
...so that I might know Him better
...so that He may work through me.
...so that He may use me
...so that He may change me.

One of the synonyms of change highlighted above is diminish.  I must diminish for the new growth to come.
I must deny myself and carry the cross.  I must become less so that He becomes more.


And, Oh how I want that.  I want more of Him and less of me.  "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. "  "Apart from Him I can do nothing."

Change me Lord, Make me!  I want nothing more and nothing less than Your will for me.

How are you allowing Him to change you?

Comments

Popular Posts