Word of the Week: hope

Last week I explained that my favorite word/ sentiment is hope. So "hope" is this week's word of the week.  

Hope is defined as: desire with an expectation of obtainment or fulfillment. 


Famous Quotes: 

Hope is being able to see that there is light, despite all the darkness - Desmond Tutu
We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. - Martin Luther King Jr.
We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.  - - Franklin D. Rosevelt
Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality. -- Jonas Salk
Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it. -- Barack Obama
Once you choose hope, anything is possible. -- Christopher Reeve 



Scripture Verses: 

  • Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
  • Isaiah 40:31 - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
  • Hebrews 11:1 -  Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.


What it means to me: 
Hope is my reason for living, what gets me through everyday, every disappointment and loss. It literally keeps me alive and moving forward. I find my hope in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and his His Word.   I cannot even imaging living without His hope
How do people live without hope? The world is full of evil, darkness and disappointment. Grief, loss, 

Comments

Popular Posts